Choosing a Care Home
Questions to consider when choosing a home
- Will it provide the right level of personal care and attention?
- Will it provide the right environment to make the individual feel happy and at ease?
- Does it feel right? Do you feel comfortable there?
- Will family members/ friends be able to visit without restriction?
- Does it look clean and smell fresh?
- Do staff members interact with the residents?
- Are residents able to do what they please, do people look active?
- Will you ensure that all family members are consulted about this important decision?
- Will the home still provide the resident with links to their local community or network?
- Will the resident be able to bring personal items and furniture to make their room feel more like home?
- Will the funding of the care be affordable in the long term, whether from local social services or other source